You are responsible for teaching and education and want to introduce or further develop education for sustainable development at your university? You would like to integrate ESD into your own teaching courses or in your department, using new teaching methods? You are interested in presenting your course of lectures at the Virtual Academy of Sustainability?
The Virtual Academy of Sustainability helps and supports by introducing in learning effortlessly.”
Prof. Dr. Uwe Schneidewind
Chairman of the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Enviroment, Energy
Your Options of Participating in the Virtual Academy are:
- Become an Academy coordinator to be the first contact for integrating ESD at your university.
- Become a lecturer at the Virtual Academy of Sustainability and create your own learning videos. To realize this, we offer a wide range of support. Get a look inside with our Coaching Videos.
Advantages for Universities and Lecturers:
- By integrating the coursework of the Virtual Academy of Sustainability, you are making an important contribution to the goal of the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development and taking over social responsibility.
- You integrate innovative, multimedia teaching and new methods of examination at your university.
- You facilitate a family-friendly study that is adapted to the individual needs of your students (“Learn when and where you want”).
- You can rely on the expertise of other lecturers in the field of sustainability and integrate new aspects in your courses.
- By using the coursework offered by the Virtual Academy of Sustainability at your university, you create a basis for ESD that you can further develop.
- You profit from our years of experience in the field of video-based teaching events and eAssessments.
“Knowledge based economic activities and competences in creating a sustainable development are the important topics the higher education have to concern about the future.”
Prof. Dr. Gerhard de Haan
Chaiman of the German UNESCO Commission for Education for Sustainable Development